Origin Stories: Brave Monster

Anxiety is hard.

I share with you my #flexfridays, but I don’t tell you how every single time I drive up to the gym, I sit in the parking lot for 15 minutes to calm down enough to walk through the doors. Did I mention that I go to the gym every day?

I share with you my photography, but I don’t tell you how before every single session, I question my proficiency and nearly – often do – get sick because of nerves.

I share with you my time with friends – good, longtime friends who know me so well, but I don’t tell you how I think about bailing on them at least five times before finally making it out the door to meet them.

And I have bailed on my friends many times; walked in the gym, gone straight to the bathroom and gotten sick, then left; and simply “forgotten” to reply to photography inquiries.

I’ve missed opportunities because of anxiety, because of fear.

I just want you to know that if that’s you, I get it.

"Me too."


And while it might not be much, I’m proud of you. Keep trying. Keep showing up. It might not seem like courage to those who don’t understand, but it is. 

You are so brave. 


Comments

Unknown said…
I love you and I wish I could help.

Popular Posts